Tomorrow is Let’s Move! Olympic Fun Day
To celebrate the start of the Summer Games in London, First Lady Michelle Obama is calling on communities around the country to support Team USA on Saturday, July 28, not just by cheering from the couch, but by taking inspiration from their hard work and dedication to get active. Cities, towns and organizations across America have signed on to support tomorrow's Let’s Move! Olympic Fun Day with activities that promote healthy living.
From a day of dancing on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. to a Fitness and Nutrition Expo in Atlanta, Georgia, and from an Olympic-style relay in Bluffton, Indiana to a workout on the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Moncia, California, there are more than 200 Let's Move! Olympic Fun Day events being planned on Meetup in more than forty states.
Can't find an event near you at http://meetup.com/lets-move? There's still time to host your own - even in your own backyard - find out how to get started here and fun ideas for a "Playground Olympics" here.
Joining a Let's Move! Olympic Fun Day event tomorrow? Share your story and follow the fun:
- On Twitter, use the hashtag #LetsMoveDay to share updates and photos
- Like Let's Move! on Facebook and join the discussion
- Follow @LetsMove for highlights from around the country
- After your event, tell us all about it here: http://letsmove.obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/share-your-story-lets-move-olympic-fun-day
- Follow First Lady Michelle Obama at the 2012 Olympic Games on Twitter. Follow @LetsMove for live updates from London and see all of the updates added to Storify here